Instructions:A document can be attested from the Ministry only if it is required to be attested for a particular purpose. The documents to be attested should be submitted to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, along with the completed application form, during working hours (0800-1400). The application form for the attestation service will be available for download on the Ministry website.
- Ministry can attest documents such as power of attorney, issued by a government body, where it is required in relation to a service sought in a foreign country.
- The Ministry does not “Attest” documents containing only the lawyer’s stamp and signature. If the document has the original stamp of the concerned Government authority / State Institute with the name, designation, and the signature of an authorized official, such a document may be attested.
- The attestation of documents shall not pertain to any ongoing legal proceedings in a foreign jurisdiction or involve financial transactions. The Ministry reserves the right to decline providing attestation services if the nature of the documents contravenes this stipulation.
- Power of Attorneys and agreements issued by companies must bear an official "public notary" stamp before they are eligible for attestation.
- Documents issued from government bodies can be authenticated.
- If the document has the original stamp of the concerned Government authority / State Institute with the name, designation, and the signature of an authorized official, such a document may be attested.
- Monetary documents such as bank statements must have original stamps from the issuing authority before they can be authenticated.
- “True Copy of the Original” Stamp
- Photocopies of a document can be stamped as a “True Copy of the Original” only if that document contains the original stamp, name, designation and signature of an authorized official from the issuing authority.
- The Ministry reserves the right to validate the authenticity of the documents via the issuing authority or by requesting the applicant to resubmit the application with the original stamp, name, designation, and signature of an authorized official from the issuing authority.
Who can apply?
- All the Maldivians citizens as well as foreigners can submit documents for attestation.
Where can you apply?
- Applicants should submit their attestation form along with the documents to be attested to Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Maldives.
- Documents issued from foreign countries cannot be attested except educational certificates.
Documents to be submitted:
- Attestation Form and the documents for attestation.
Fees taken for the service:
- No fees are taken for this service.
- Processing time for the attestation service is working 02 days.
For additional information:
- For additional information, please contact the Ministry Hotline no: 7983400 or send a mail to consular at (